In the treatment of patients with depression, the manifestation of symptoms that are characteristic of this disease is noted. Therefore, it is difficult to determine their relationship with taking the medicine or the manifestation of the disease.
- Particularly often, adverse reactions occur in the form of: drowsiness, sedation, dry mouth, weight gain, increased appetite, increased fatigue and dizziness.
- Also, the development of abnormalities associated with the activity of the blood and lymphatic, cardiovascular, digestive, endocrine, nervous system, metabolism and so on is not excluded..
- Perhaps the development of mental disorders: sleep problems, confusion, anxiety, nightmares, mania, hallucinations and more.
- General disorders: the occurrence of peripheral edema and increased fatigue.
Interaction with other medicines
During the treatment of severe depressive disorders, doctors prescribe combination therapy using several antidepressants at once..
Important! The combination of such drugs as Mirtazapine and Bupropion demonstrates the greatest efficiency - it is precisely such a combination that doctors prefer for hypersomnia, motor inhibition. Studies have shown that combining these drugs doubles the incidence of long-term, stable remissions..
Mirtazapine may also be combined with medicines such as fluoxetine or venlafaxine..
Mirtazapine (Remeron) may contribute to:
- Strengthening the sedative effects of drugs, benzodiazepine derivatives, as well as other medications with a sedative effect. It is recommended to refrain from such a combination of drugs..
- Hypertensive crisis. When combined with clonidine-based drugs.
- How to Buy Mirtazapine tablets 30 mg Online Tetracyclic antidepressants
- Severe psychoses. When combined with drugs, which include levodopa.
- Hypomania. When combined with sertraline.
- Inhibition of the central nervous system, if you combine the medicine with alcohol.
You should refrain from using Mirtazapine at the same time, as well as 14 days after the withdrawal of MAO inhibitors.
Overdose and adverse reactions
In case of an overdose, the patient has excessive drowsiness, memory problems, loss of orientation in space, heart palpitations. In this case, it is necessary to remove the medication from the body with activated charcoal and plenty of water..
- hallucinogenic effects;
- decreased potency in men;
- metabolic disease.
Antidepressant tetracyclic structure. Enhances central adrenergic and serotonergic transmission. Blocks Serotonin 5-HT2- and 5-nt3-receptors, in this regard, increased serotonergic transmission is realized only through serotonin 5-HT1-receptors. Both spatial enantiomers are involved in the manifestation of antidepressant activity: S (+) - the enantiomer blocks α2-adrenergic receptors and serotonin 5-HT2-receptors. Moderately blocks histamine H1-receptors, has a sedative effect.
Little effect on α1-adrenergic receptors and cholinergic receptors; in therapeutic doses does not significantly affect the cardiovascular system.
In clinical conditions, anxiolytic and hypnotic effects are also manifested, therefore, mirtazapine is most effective for anxious depressions of various origins. Due to the moderate sedative effect in the treatment process, suicidal thoughts are not actualized.